What is a CPSR?
If you want to create and sell your own cosmetics, then a Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) is a legal requirement that must be written by a certified chemist. Also known as a Safety Assessment, a CPSR is a legal document required to ensure the safety of all cosmetic products placed on the retail market. You will need a CPSR regardless of whether you are making your own product from scratch or buying a cosmetic base from a supplier and adding your own scents etc.
Our cosmetic product safety report comprises the following:
PART A – Cosmetic product safety information
1. Quantitative and qualitative composition of the cosmetic product
2. Physical and chemical characteristics and stability of the cosmetic product
3. Microbiological quality
4. Impurities, traces, and information about the packaging material
5. Normal and reasonably foreseeable use
6. Exposure to the cosmetic product
7. Exposure to the substances
8. Toxicological profile of the substances
9. Undesirable effects and serious undesirable effects
10. Information on the cosmetic product
PART B – Cosmetic product safety assessment
1. Assessment conclusion
- Statement on the safety of the cosmetic product.
2. Labelled warnings and instructions of use
- Statement on the need to label any particular warnings and instructions of use.
- Explanation of the scientific reasoning leading to the assessment conclusion.
How to order?
Please do feel free to email us if you have any questions at all. When you are ready to get a quote for cosmetic safety assessment, simply email your formulations and we will be happy to help. Message us on chat if you have questions
When you have your quote, you decide whether you want to proceed. We have a wide range of payment options to suit everyone.
Download our CPSR Template form if you’d like a quote without obligation!